Professor of Arts Management at Heilbronn University, Germany
Raphaela Henze is professor of Arts Management at Heilbronn University and Co-Investigator of the Arts & Humanities Research Council funded, international, and interdisciplinary network 'Brokering Intercultural Exchange' www.managingculture.net. Prior to joining Heilbronn University in 2010 Raphaela Henze worked in several senior management positions in universities, ministries, and foundations. Her main research focus is on the impacts of globalization and internationalization on arts management and arts management education as well as on the role of arts and culture in times of raising populism. She has published and lectured widly on these issues.
Raphaela Henze studied law at Humboldt-University Berlin and Paris X-Nanterre in France, received her Ph.D.Ruhr University Bochum, was a postdoc in the 'Law, Media & Culture Project' at Yale Law School, USA, as well as at the National Institute for Educational Policy Research NIER in Tokyo, Japan. She holds an MBAthe University of London.
Raphaela is liaison professor for the German American Fulbright Commission, Reviewer for the American Academy Berlin, and expert in international arts management for the Goethe-Institut.
- Access / participation
- Cultural policies / arts administration
- Development / 'South-North' relations
- Diversity / intercultural studies
- Education / training
- European cooperation / integration
- Internat. relations / cult. diplomacy
- Impact studies / evaluation
- Law / rights issues / status of artists
- Languages / linguistics
- Perform. arts (music, theatre, dance)
- Universities/Academic institutes